Friday, September 13, 2013

Night Out in Izmir

Tonight, some of us needed a couple of things so we decided to walk out for just a few to grab it. While out, we experienced a lot of... culture. Turkey is very interesting. NO ONE speaks English and no one is very nice. They are all very hostile. The Muslims have prayer five times a day, at dawn, noon, mid-afternoon, sun down, and around nine PM. To call the Muslims to the mosque, men sing over loud speakers all across the city. It is the creepiest thing that I think I have ever heard. Most of our group thinks it sounds cool or even beautiful. I think I have watched to many horror movies. And let me just say, no wonder Paul wrote letters to the churches over here! This place is the definition of Sin City. I walked around with pepper spray in my hand. I did not realize how safe Greece was until I left it. While out, we noticed that the International Fair is right across from our hotel. We went in, I quoted to Shelton and Courtney, "My mom always told me that fairs were full of rapist so be careful." Mom, you taught me well. We decided to ride one ride, the Ferris wheel. It was the sketchiest thing that I have ever done, but I had a blast. I was screaming :We are going to die!" the whole time, but it was so fun. Turkey is such an experience.
Me on the Ferris Wheel

Ferris Wheel


Horror Ride at the International Fair

Walking into the International Fair

2 comments:

  1. That's my girl. I taught you well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right Katie! Keep listening and doing what you have been taught!! Lov u! G.H.

    ReplyDelete