Sunday, August 18, 2013

Flight from Atlanta to Frankfurt

So, we just landed in Frankfurt, Germany for a four hour layover. We will leave around 1:00 pm for a two hour flight to Athens, Greece! The nine hour flight from Atlanta to Frankfurt was worse than I expected. Trying to sleep on the plane and adjust my body to the time just did not work out well. The food on the plane was okay. It was the closest thing to American food that I will have for a while. Each of our seats had personal TVs with movies, TV shows, and music. I was ecstatic to find that it had a playlist of Disney songs from all the classic movies. It also had a channel with the information of our flight and a map of where we were at at that exact moment. I began to notice that every three minutes we would travel fifteen miles! That is insane! We were traveling approximately 645 miles per hour! Wow! Watching the sun set and rise was an incredible sight! I will post pictures later.  Now that we are in Frankfurt, being in another country is really hitting me. It is very expensive and the people are rude. They need to learn what southern hospitality is! It is weird to be the minority. I never know if the person can understand English. I am just ready to be in Athens so I can take a shower and go to bed. I will post something tonight when we arrive at the hotel. I love all of you! Thank you so much for all of your love and support through this entire process! Please keep my family in your prayers through the next three months!
-Katie





2 comments:

  1. I am glad you made it to Germany. I look forward to hearing and seeing more from this amazing journey of a lifetime

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so much enjoyed reading your blog this morning. It's like opening a present. I look forward to your next entry. I hope you have a blast on this trip and will share with us daily your experiences. Love you-mom

    ReplyDelete